Prior to flying from Gran Canaria Airport
- DO NOT GO TO THE AIRPORT IF YOU HAVE A FEVER, COUGH, OR SHORTNESS OF BREATH.
- Read through all of the relevant information provided by your airline.
- Check to see if you need a pre-departure Covid-19 test prior to your flight
- Online check-in and printing or downloading of your boarding pass
- All international visitors are required to complete a health questionnaire.
- Please bring the necessary Covid documents, as necessary for your specific circumstances, with you.
- Make sure to bring your face masks and disinfectant gel for traveling. It is recommended to change every 4 hours your face mask.
- If you need to obtain a pre-departure covid test, please read this page.
- Put your face mask on. As of 20/04/2022, it is no longer mandatory to wear a face mask at Gran Canaria Airport.
- Maintain a 1.5-meter distance.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water at regular intervals, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer solutions if soap and water aren’t available.
- When sneezing or coughing, cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or cough into your flexed elbow.
- Please limit your contact with any surfaces when at the airport, on the plane, or on public transportation such as buses or taxis for your personal safety.
Departing from Gran Canaria Airport
- Make sure you leave enough time to check in and pass through the security areas, especially if there are any new procedures.
- At the airport’s water fountains, only use a water bottle or container.
- Remember to keep a physical safety distance of 1.5 metres, wear your mask, and be aware that if you do not follow these guidelines, you may be refused boarding.
- At the airport, keep your touch with the surfaces to a minimum.
- The airport terminal currently is restricted to passengers only. This hopefully will change in the near future.
On the plane
- Keep needless movement within the cabin to a minimum.
- Pay attention to any directions given by the cabin crew and follow them.
- Hand sanitizer should be used frequently to disinfect your hands. Cough on the inside of your elbow and keep your face mask on at all times. Every four hours, you must change your mask.
- If you start to feel symptoms during your journey, inform the cabin crew as soon as possible.
- Individual overhead air supply vents/nozzles should be used as only as necessary.
Arriving at Gran Canaria Airport
Arrival from Abroad
- All international passengers arriving in Spain must fill out a health control form (FCS) and obtain their unique QR code. Please fill out this form online using the following link: https://www.spth.gob.es and follow the website’s instructions. Filling out the form ahead of time will save you time when you arrive at the airport.
- Please click here for a printable version of the FCS form.
Arrivals from EU Countries classed as Risk
Anyone travelling to Gran Canaria Airport from an EU risk country must be able to provide proof of one of the following on arrival at the airport in addition to the Health Control Form:
- Proof of vaccination
- Proof of recovery from COVID-19
- Negative diagnostic test result (either PCR-test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival or antigen-test taken no more than 48 hours prior to arrival)
Please see here for more information and for a full list of risk countries.
Arrivals from the UK and Third Countries classed as Risk
Travellers from countries outside the EU, including the UK, that are classed as “risk” need to be able to provide proof of vaccination on arrival at Gran Canaria Airport, unless they belong to an “exempt” category. Please note the following change: Adult travellers can now enter with a recovery certificate.
Please see here for more information on exemptions from this rule and for a full list of risk countries.
Children under the age of twelve are exempt and do not need to present any of the above.
Gran Canaria Airport now has new arrivals procedures
When you arrive at Gran Canaria Airport, you must present your completed FCS-form (health questionnaire). If you completed this online, all you need to do now is scan your QR-code.
If you are arriving from a Covid-high-risk country, you must also show proof of a negative Covid-test, a vaccination certificate, proof of recovery (please see above).
When you arrive, you will be subjected to a temperature control check.
Maintain a 1.5-metre safety distance while waiting for your luggage. Collect the luggage individually rather than standing in a line at the carousel.